Please Note: GlazeMaster is now only sold as a "download". You can download the free trial copy, get it running, and then if you wish to buy it, come back to this site within 60 days and pay for it. The installation code will be emailed to you. I have done this to save material and time and be able to lower the cost to you. Also CDs are becoming "dinasaurs" in the digital age--some computers no longer have a CD drive. In addition to saving shipping cost, the price of GlazeMaster has been lowered from $50 to $40 passing most of the savings on to you.
GlazeMaster is a glaze calculation software program (and an excellent database) designed specifcally for studio potters. It runs on both Windows (XP up to and including 8) and Macs OSX (up to and including Mavericks). GlazeMaster is priced for a potter's budget at only US$40 including an 85 page searchable pdf User's Guide and the software for both Macs or Windows.
Upgrades to GlazeMaster 3 from GlazeMaster 1.0, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2 or 2.3r3 are free and available here. Upgrading is essential for potters running one of these versions on a Mac before you upgrade to the Lion or Mountain Lion or Mavericks operating system. For more detail, click here.
• Multiple ways to view information including 1) single recipe + photo, 2) 2 recipes, 3) recipe + material, 4) 2 materials, 5) compare to limit formulas, and more. Also 'photo gallery' pages for each recipe that allow you to store, display, and print up to 4 photos of each glaze.
• A section to help you analyze blends whether they be line, triaxial, or quadraxial (Currie or ones of your own design).
• Find and print multiple recipes or copy a recipe to your clipboard for inclusion in a text document.
• Toggle between any 3 sets of expansion coefficients.
• Very intuitive, easy to learn--use it only as a database or use its power to help improve your glazes. The Seger unity formula, wt%s, mol%s, and more are automatically calculated.
• Organize your recipes into groups (Recipe Sets) that make sense to you.
• Calculates recipe cost.
• Runs identically in Windows and Mac OS X.
• PDF Users's Guide helps you understand the program and how to use the Seger unity formula to improve your glazes.
• Has a database of over 230 materials; you can easily add more.
• Import/export in standard database formats.
• Numerous other features.